[ian-reeds-games] removeing effects problem

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ian-reeds-games@freelist" <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2014 20:45:40 -0400

Hey Craig.
I seem to recall you had worked on the removing effects thing, but maybe it
isn't updated?

I am noticing that an effect ising getting removed from a unit when it is
supposed to.

Essentially this is going on.
The unit is called a banshee, a helicopter kind of thing. It has a stealth
mode, which is a transformation script.

The transformation works fine.but does removeing an effect on a transformed
or transforming unit  work?

Essentially the banshee has a stealth duration of four rounds, and there is
a scientist and another ship that can force a deactivation of the stealth
mode.

In the skills, the remove effects is present, but it doesn't seem to work.
Also the banshee can deactivate the cloak themselves, and that I used a self
remove effects.that doesn't work either.

So is this something to do with transformation and I need to look at this
from a different angle or is this an actual bug? Thanks for your help on
this.

"The truth will make you free"
Jesus Christ of Nazareth 33AD