[ian-reeds-games] Re: moment in time and titon hunt part 2

  • From: shaun everiss <sm.everiss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 18:08:58 +1300

well allan the way this could work is if the chips are in range, right now there is no distuinguishing between who has the chips in fact when the char goes over the chip it doesn't vanish and makes the chip sound. My idea is that as long as the chips were picked up and all were in range that would be fine. In real life if someone other than the admeral found the chips he would already get them by default. in which case all you need to do is assume all 3 chips have been picked up as long as you or a member of your party not mattering who did it was visiting the location.

 so if all chips are in range it shouldn't matter.
It would also would be to assume that those that had the chips would just put them in the right sockets if ordered to do so or by default install the chips. now to input the code to do the field once installed would still be up to the admeral but however you want to manage this. Its a bit cumbersim to have to move the leader round would take to much time, it would mean wasting time when he was stuck somewhere else. Another thing you could do for each security or medic is just have an install chips skill, ofcause I am not sure how to make it work if the admeral actually gets the chips because he would automatically install them but yeah, I like the first option that if the chips are in range then the admeral has the chips. Ofcause with the new code for items in theory if you walk over a chip that doesn't need to get picked up till the admeral goes over and uses take on the chip which would make sence. I have just downloaded the latest dev, but as I mentioned a bit ago, I had some offline business to do today. said business has just happened and its unlikely I will be doing any serious hacking testing or otherwise today or tomorrow unless you have something for me to test.

At 02:08 PM 2/5/2013, you wrote:
On second thought...it isn't going to work.
I would have to make three separate give skills cause there is three seperate points. If I put it into all one point, it will just be nice and easy to run over one of the isochip terrains three times and open the field. I have no way to limit how much the terrain hands out, nor do I have any way to easily transfer the chips, so I think we are stuck till items come out, that might work alot better then.