[ian-reeds-games] Re: helping players to help the AI

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 15:27:24 -0400

Hi Carlos,
That is interesting, but I know the AI already has an internal priority  list.
Maybe we can use the range as a means of getting skills used instead of it
being an obstacle.

So what about this.
In the starship maps I have ships that can launch shuttles and fighters. the
problem is that sometimes, these get launched way to early to be of any good.
It would be better if the AI r released these later, and get more effective
firepower that way.
So how about this. A detection flag. It would detect an enemy unit, and at that
time it would activate the appropriate skill indicated in the flag.

So for my case it would look like this.

"Detect_enemy=3|launch_shuttle"

The 3 would be the number of tiles from the unit, and the pipe, of course,
cause it looks cool, and the skill to be used when that enemy is detected. Then
throw in that priority list you  mentioned before so that it would be like
this...

detect_enemy=3|launch_shuttle,3|disruptor

So that would mean that it would launch shuttles first, and then if able, it
would use the disruptor. Otherwise, it could be reversed so that the disruptor
was used, then the shuttles released.

For Freddy in Tomb Robber (By the way, are you still working on the next level
with the robots and stuff?) it be like this...

Detect_enemy=2|gun,1|punch

So Fred would , if something is two spaces away, shoot, but otherwise would
punch, or reverse it, and I think the AI is smart enough to move forward if you
want Fred to punch when detecting like 3 spaces away for example, and for
whatever reason.