[ian-reeds-games] a question/suggestion regarding maps

  • From: niklasrittinghaus@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 21:37:05 +0200

Hello guys,

I am new to this list but I read it for a while. I have an idea for map packs
in general. It’s a question, too, since I am playing only the stable
TB-versions at the moment. I have heart it often in mainstream strategy games,
that the units can speak more than one sentence. They say something if the
cursor is above them but in mainstream games the units react with comments and
such in a lot of other situations. Sometimes they talk to each other if
something happened. They say things if they need ammo, help or in other
difficult situations. Some of them taunt the enemies and sometimes the enemies
react to it. I hope you know what I mean. This could make the maps even more
interesting, I think. In mainstream games, they do this even in turn based
ones, like in jagged aliance II. Or has anyone made such things already in a
map pack? And a special moving sound could be another suggestion as well, so
the game could use another sound for moving like food steps and such than the
cursor sound. Please let me know if this suggestions already have been
implemented in a map pack, I would be interested. I hope I explained well what
I mean, if not, please ask me and I’ll try it again.
Thanks in advance.
Best regards
Niklas