[ian-reeds-games] Starship Battles Template

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ian-reeds-games@freelist" <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 03:21:00 -0400

Howdy and salutations,

Ok, to all those that care, I finally get a swift kick tot he rear by a few
people to fix and or create more starship battles stuff.
So I hemmed and hawed and thought and unthought and finally came up with
something that I think will be a good idea.

I am building a starship battles template map pack. I am going to use this one
to  make all sorts of flavors of other starship battles  stories and the like,
and also, if anyone felt adventurous, they can download it and make up their
own starship battles scenarios and the like.

I plan on useing this to do the refit of starship battles basic which, in my
opinion, is needing some serious work to make it last. I am thinking of calling
this starship battles: intergalactic war and it will have all the starfleet
basics maps everyone has come to love.

Other scenarios after that I am not sure, but right now I wanted to just put
this out there, and let people check out the new ships, the new weapons and hwo
everything works and give any suggestions and or  any kind of criticism like it
all sucks or it is wonderful, or they will name their first born baby after me,
etc and so forth, lol.

The user guide is really just notes on the new stuff, and not what I am going
to have there.

Also, the random duels are a bit weird, casue the random is based on dice
rolls, which means sometimes, nothing will roll the right number needed to cast
the skill and it will end up losing a round. The multiplayer stuff is there for
anyone who wants to give that a try, although I am not sure how much fun it
will be.

let's see...some of the new stuff is:

phasers are a bit random with damage.
fed ships all use type 1 phasers, everyone else uses type 2 phasers. Type 3
phasers are for small craft.
romulans and klingons can cloak, thanks to Craig brett's wonderful scripts.
the original idea for them was

The lyrans have their final weapon change I think. They have something called
an energy sphere. It moves like a drone, but it  has an electrical aura which
damages anything within one tile of it. It hits and explodes energy over a
target like a drone would. It can last up to three rounds and moves six spaces.
Lyrans are immune to it's splash damage, but are not immune to it's explosion
of energy.

Drones are the same kind of thing, only no aura, and they can also last three
rounds if moving at full speed, or indefinitely if it is prevented from moving.

there is the ability to reinforce shields, to expand shields to another ship,
there is now a tractor beam, but it has a chance of success at around 65
percent. There is warp now so you can warp whenver you have the urge. There is
two levels of damage control you can equip in order to heal up the ship if it
is damaged.
The transporter and how all that works is done with items, and it is a might
better then the ssb one.

The only thing is the items that get dropped when ships and drones and stuff
perish, just ignore them for now. The intent is that nothing should get dropped
once Ian is able to get some time to get that updated.

I can't think of anything else right now. I guess just download it and try to
find anything that isn't working properly or find anything squirrely that maybe
should work in another fashion and let me know.

Thanks everyone.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/68028683/starship%20battles%20template.zip