[ian-reeds-games] Re: assistance with key was full script

  • From: Carlos Macintosh <sleepio1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 03:31:28 -0400

Hi, this actually wouldn't be too hard to put in. My first thought is making randomize_unit_type support a comma separated list of unit types that it would just pick randomly from for each summon. I don't see anything wrong with this. I am pretty sure that my script just tries again if an attempt is made to summon a unit onto a terrain type that it can't actually move on such as a nonflying unit being summoned on to a wall but I'll have to run some tests. It may well be that there isn't anything you can really do about a unit being summoned onto a square where it can't actually move normally and if this happens, it will be up to the map creator to place the summoner far enough away from terrain like that.

On 4/22/2015 6:28 PM, Monkey wrote:

Didn't we already suggest enabling the summoning of random units?

On 4/22/15, Craig Brett <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You could suggest it as a feature improvement.

On 22/04/2015 22:59, Monkey wrote:
To be honest, I also used to think that this could randomize the unit
type that was summoned.

On 4/22/15, Craig Brett <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
No, it is not for that. Going by the readme, it's for summoning a random
number of a given unit in a given area.

The format would look like this:

Skill
10
|flags
description Summons a wing of fighters to attack your ground foes.
summon_cost=1
|script_flags
randomize
randomize_unit_type fighter
randomize_num_of_units 1d6

HTH,
Craig

On 22/04/2015 03:18, Kyle Davis wrote:
i had the impression that the randomize script is capable of randomly
selecting different units that are put in the randomize_unit_type and
if so what is the proper format to separate each type of units