[ian-reeds-games] Re: another odd error

  • From: garret knight <wolfofthewind48@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2015 06:26:07 -0700

This is what I have in my map so far. There's nothing hear because I put that stuff all in with the map editor. But here's just the bones of it.

Map
10
intro_text If you've read the user guide, you know that your father is dead, and that you must escape this temple, wile you still can. If you have not, please read it before you go any ferther. be careful on your way out, the demons, and fire, are everywhere. victory_text You escaped the temple with your life. But that's pritty much it. These demons... your father told you about them, but nothing of great value comes to mind at the moment. defeat_text You have failed. As the last of your life force bleeds away, you feel a crushing blow all over your body as the roof collapses. Game over.
height=40
width=50
|script_flags
|units
|terrain
|items

On 3/13/2015 4:16 PM, Monkey wrote:
Could you please copy/paste the first few lines of the map file into
an email and send it to me?
Or alternatively send me your pack again and I can go through it like
I did your last one, if you'd rather me do that.

On 3/13/15, Garrett <wolfofthewind48@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This shows up when I tried to load the map into the editor is well.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 13, 2015, at 5:31 PM, Monkey <murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Does this only show up when you go to play, or do you get it when
trying to load the map into the editor too?

On 3/13/15, garrett knight <wolfofthewind48@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So i seam to always break things when it comes to maps. I've tried a
couple of different things, but when ever I try to run the map that I
made, I get this.
---------------------------

---------------------------
An error has occurred.  Please notify the game creator of this error.
You can copy the entire error to your clipboard by pressing control +
C.  Then you can paste it into an email by pressing control + V and send
the email to support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance
of an object.

    at Ian.MapBase.DrawTileAndContents(Graphics g, Int32 x, Int32 y) in
C:\Data\Recent\Games\TacticalBattle\MapBase.cs:line 245

    at Ian.MapBase.DrawNearbyTiles(MyGraphics mg) in
C:\Data\Recent\Games\TacticalBattle\MapBase.cs:line 234

    at Ian.MapBase.Draw(MyGraphics mg) in
C:\Data\Recent\Games\TacticalBattle\MapBase.cs:line 204

    at Ian.MapEditor.Draw(TBGlobal ent, MyGraphics mg) in
C:\Data\Recent\Games\TacticalBattle\TBStates\MapEditor.cs:line 471

    at Ian.GHM.RenderGame[T](T ent, Graphics g, Int32 width, Int32
height) in C:\Data\Recent\Games\GameEngine\GameHelperMethods.cs:line 642

    at Ian.TBGlobal.RenderGame(Graphics g, Int32 width, Int32 height) in
C:\Data\Recent\Games\TacticalBattle\TBGlobal.cs:line 69

    at Ian.GameWindow.Form1_Paint(Object sender, PaintEventArgs e) in
C:\Data\Recent\Games\GameEngine\GameWindow.cs:line 148

    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)

    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)

    at
System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e,
Int16 layer)

    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)

    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

    at
System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message&
m)

    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32
msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
OK
Any help would be great. And thank you for the answer to my last
question.

--
-Mew