[ian-reeds-games] Re: Tactical Battle 2.0 dev 3 is here

  • From: "Victorious" <dtvictorious@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2015 10:47:22 +0800

You can't directly. The case for what you describe is far less common
though. I suggest having a special damage type for this skill (or skills
like it) that enemy units will be protected against but not the player's
units (you can easily do this if you used inheritance). Out of curiosity,
what does this skill do and what is it called? This approach was what Carlos
and I were using for our map packs to 'simulate' skills not having friendly
fire, but with hundreds of skills and items, it got really hard to keep
track of, especially when you factor the headaches that occur with team
changing. In the far future, I may be persuaded to implement this as a
scripted feature.