[ian-reeds-games] Re: Tactical Battle 2.0 dev 3 is here

  • From: Ian Reed <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 21:30:33 -0600

@Sharni and Shaun,
I accidentally made a server change that temporarily broke the updater.
It should be fixed now if you want to try it again.

@Sharni, the game saves are not guaranteed to work between updates.
They might, but it's not guaranteed.
If you want to play through a map for the enjoyment then I recommend sticking with a single version while you play. You should only get the dev versions if you're creating maps and need access to the new features, or want to play a map that is brand new and only works in the dev versions.

HTH,
Ian Reed

On 3/13/2015 8:03 PM, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:
Hi Craig,

I tried to use the updater and got as far as running it, but then after it said it was downloading the files, I got an error. I couldn't copy it because the window disappeared straight after but it said something along the lines of: "Server returned an error: 403 Forbidden".

Does this mean I have to make another new folder for this Dev version? And start my games all over again? Save files didn't transfer over from the last release version to the first Dev one I downloaded. :(