[ian-reeds-games] Re: Tactical Battle 1.13 dev 18

  • From: michael Tholl <mrtholl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 11:08:33 -0400

Nice work.. heh! You were right, I should've waited. ah well, this way
I keep up instead of accidentally missing the latest updates.:)

As for accessible versions of those games. I absolutely loved playing,
Vicariously of course, the totalwar series. Rome was my favorite, and
with the flexibility of the TB engine, we can come close to
replicating those types of games.  I suspect we've never seen an
accessible version that matches is the resources it would take,
combined with making it work with sound on both fronts at the same
time.  For instance in the totalwar games, I would really not like
trying to keep up real time with moving units, as well as the ammo
counts on ranged and artillery units. Still, those were awesome to
play even through a sighted person.  I Think warlords and the Medieval
Total war maps here do a pretty good job of approaching that style of
game though.
Michael