[ian-reeds-games] Tactical Battle 1.13 dev 14

  • From: Ian Reed <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 May 2013 16:50:05 -0600

Hi guys!

A small dev release here. I've been out of town lately and also working on the exploration for the RPG Maker.

The changes are:
36 Fixed a bad memory leak introduced in earlier dev versions.
37 Added Allan Thompson's beginner's guide to map creation to the documentation. 38 Significantly improved the performance of checking for updated map packs by having the server check instead of the client and by caching the result.

I also fixed the broken save feature.
I was very excited about the previous map pack download feature but anyone who had used it much would have seen that it had a terrible slowdown when checking for map packs after you had downloaded a few already. This is because the client would check the HTTP headers of each previously downloaded link to see if the size of the download had changed and that can take a few seconds per file. Now the server does this and caches the result so the clients only ever need to make one call to my server which makes it much snappier.
That makes me a lot more proud of that feature.

Also be sure to check out Allan Thompsons "A beginners guide to map creation" which is linked to in the other guides section of the main user guide. Thanks Allan!

And I've included Craig's latest scripts as well.

Here's the link for dev 14:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43120001/Tactical%20Battle%201.13%20dev%2014.zip