[ian-reeds-games] Re: TB 1.13 dev 16

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 21:41:35 -0400

Oh hey, cool!
Thanks man!

From: ian-reeds-games-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ian-reeds-games-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ian Reed
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2013 7:56 PM
To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ian-reeds-games] TB 1.13 dev 16

Hi all!

While working on the RPG engine I made some big improvements to how sounds
and music are loaded and disposed.
For me it improved general performance, game startup time, and general
memory consumption.
Off hand it seems to make a pretty big difference when loading games in
Tactical Battle as well.

I'm hoping it may improve some of the out of memory issues you are getting
when saving or loading.
Give it a shot and let me know.
There's also a chance that me muddling around in shared code for so long has
broken something I'm not aware of, so let me know if you hit bugs.

Note that the executable is now called Game.exe instead of
TacticalBattle.exe.

Here is the link for TB 1.13 dev 16:
http://BlindAudioGames.com/downloads/Tactical%20Battle%201.13%20dev%2016.zip