[ian-reeds-games] Re: Suggestion: Making it possible for one summon skill to summon a unit from one of multiple genders/races

  • From: Carlos Macintosh <sleepio1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 14:31:16 -0400

I was thinking that you could write in a list of random units to summon and, for each summon, it would pick a random one. So if you had a num of units flag of 6, it would summon 6 random units from the list of units you provide.

On 4/30/2015 2:14 PM, Monkey wrote:

Yours won't work with randomizing while summoning a single unit though, right?

On 4/30/15, Carlos Macintosh <sleepio1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yeah, I'm thinking of modifying my randomize summon script to be able to
summon any of a variety of units around the player. That would basically fix
your issue.

On 4/29/2015 7:58 PM, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:
Hi,

In my current project, I'm toying with the idea of having my Chosen being
either male or female. I was provided with a number of voice clips for
both males and females, and I might want named Windchosen of both genders,
just as an example. There might also come a time when I want to summon a
mage of either Maravian or Talenasian origins, or even Amaritani later on.
Writing out separate summon skills for each of these special units would
result in a very long list to scroll through, though, and I doubt the
player would want to waist time deciding whether the mage or chosen he/she
wants to use is male, female or of any of the three races of human mages.
So, would it be possible for a skill to summon any of three unit types at
random? I'm pretty sure this isn't a thing yet, and I'll just place the
Chosen I want on the map beforehand unless or until a script can be
written up, but I thought I'd put it out there. :)