[ian-reeds-games] Suggestion: Making it possible for one summon skill to summon a unit from one of multiple genders/races

  • From: Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 09:28:43 +0930

Hi,

In my current project, I'm toying with the idea of having my Chosen being
either male or female. I was provided with a number of voice clips for both
males and females, and I might want named Windchosen of both genders, just as
an example. There might also come a time when I want to summon a mage of either
Maravian or Talenasian origins, or even Amaritani later on. Writing out
separate summon skills for each of these special units would result in a very
long list to scroll through, though, and I doubt the player would want to waist
time deciding whether the mage or chosen he/she wants to use is male, female or
of any of the three races of human mages. So, would it be possible for a skill
to summon any of three unit types at random? I'm pretty sure this isn't a thing
yet, and I'll just place the Chosen I want on the map beforehand unless or
until a script can be written up, but I thought I'd put it out there. :)