[ian-reeds-games] Re: Question about the AI

  • From: Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 14:35:18 +0930

Hi,

Could the ai_wait_until_enemy_in_sight flag be the problem? I know that in
Allan's maps, I've had the enemy entering my territory before. Perhaps lure
them out? I did this in Kobold Dungeon because there was no way I was walking
straight into that throneroom to get slaughtered. One of the enemy units would
stand in the door way, and I'd move one of my guys into his line of sight, and
stay there so he'd have to come forward and attack me, and then my archers and
mage could help my more warriorlike unit take the guy out. Rinse, repeat.