[ian-reeds-games] Re: On not_affect_flying, for effects

  • From: Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 22:21:31 +0930

I was thinking along the lines of if the unit is normally flying, it should be
possible to make them non-flying for a period of time via an effect. It could
certainly buy some time in certain games. :D

Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 23:44:20 -0600
Subject: [ian-reeds-games] Re: On not_affect_flying, for effects
From: murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx
To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

If the flying is granted by a skill, item or effect then yes. If it's
in the unit file...I don't think so. Through scripting maybe? I'd have
to look into that because I'm not sure it's doable...I doubt it, but
who knows.

On 6/19/15, Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I like the idea of an only-affect-flying flag as well, though I'm not sure
what to use it for. Also, is there a way to make a flying unit non-flying
yet? I've never tried but it might be handy.

Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 22:40:45 -0600
Subject: [ian-reeds-games] On not_affect_flying, for effects
From: murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx
To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Does that only work for effects with an actual duration as well?
If not, then you've got a bug, because one of my flying units was
affected by an earthquake, and that skill only has an effect that does
damage. Said effect has the not_affect_flying flag specified, so I
didn't think it could be affected, but...guess it can be.
If so, though...I'd like to suggest a change, so that it can also work
when an effect has a duration of 0. It would be useful for damage that
shouldn't affect flying units regardless, such as earthquakes.
An only_affect_flying flag could also be useful, in my opinion,
but...eh. Maybe that's just me...

--
-Mew