[ian-reeds-games] Re: On not_affect_flying, for effects

  • From: Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 14:17:24 +0930

I like the idea of an only-affect-flying flag as well, though I'm not sure what
to use it for. Also, is there a way to make a flying unit non-flying yet? I've
never tried but it might be handy.

Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 22:40:45 -0600
Subject: [ian-reeds-games] On not_affect_flying, for effects
From: murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx
To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Does that only work for effects with an actual duration as well?
If not, then you've got a bug, because one of my flying units was
affected by an earthquake, and that skill only has an effect that does
damage. Said effect has the not_affect_flying flag specified, so I
didn't think it could be affected, but...guess it can be.
If so, though...I'd like to suggest a change, so that it can also work
when an effect has a duration of 0. It would be useful for damage that
shouldn't affect flying units regardless, such as earthquakes.
An only_affect_flying flag could also be useful, in my opinion,
but...eh. Maybe that's just me...