[ian-reeds-games] Re: On another pack I'm creating...

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 20:33:44 -0400

Hi,
I've been interested in World War I and World War II lately and I started
reading some books I really enjoyed by an author named James L Stokesbury.
This series of books are called a short history of "insert war here".
Bard has them available if you're in the US and use that service. Book share
might have it to, although I haven't checked.

What I like most about the books is that the battles are described in pretty
good detail. At least in my opinion anyway.

So long story short… I would really enjoy playing those world war maps.
Although I would suggest that each war has its own map pack. First because both
wars are very unique, and have very unique units, along with some very unique
battles. Secondly because both wars are huge and have iconic battles… At least
a dozen for each war.
Nevertheless, I would definitely play those map packs.

The aliens sounds pretty good to. I assume you mean the aliens from Ridley
Scott/James Cameron from the first two alien movies?

I think I have some sounds that might be very useful for the world war maps and
perhaps even the alien one.
There actually might be quite a bit, so if you are interested let me know.

Al

World War I saw the creation of fighter aircraft, blimps, U-boats, tanks,
machine guns, trench warfare, poison gas,