[ian-reeds-games] Help with fortress commander

  • From: "Carlos Macintosh" <sleepio1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 20:36:26 -0500

I think that this map is better suited formulate player, because the AI isn’t
smart enough to  build stuff. Basically, a peasant can start a barracks
construction site for free, but then he has to have the store house give him
wood to  drop at the store house. Once the barracks has 10 wood, it will
automatically finish itself and convert into a complete barracks that works.
Since begin building barracks summons an unfinished barracks, AI does it over
and over and over and over again instead of trying to build. I was wondering
how perhaps the peasant could be limited to building only 1 building at once,
which kind of makes sense. I was thinking about using a hidden point, but since
the building construction site has the skill to finish itself, it can't be
guaranteed that the peasant restores the building point so he can build
something else. And also the AI doesn’t know how to grab wood from the
storehouse. That’s why a self_restore dynamic point flag would rock so good
because then I could change the peasant’s gather wood skill to grab wood from
the storehouse instead of having the storehouse give wood to the peasant.