[ian-reeds-games] Downloading map error

  • From: Richard Claridge <richard.claridge68@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 16:06:14 +0100

Hi Ian
I just got the below error when trying to download a map pack using
the download option in the main menu. I think the map pack in question
was conquering Red Wall Abbey but I cannot be 100% sure. When it
downloaded the error came up and closed the game. Then when I
restarted the game the error came up straight away and wouldnt let me
go any further. I went into the map packs folder in the game directory
and found a copy of TB Dev 11 in there, which I deleted and then
things worked fine.
Not sure whats going on.
Here's the error.

---------------------------

---------------------------
An error has occurred.  Please notify the game creator of this error.
You can copy the entire error to your clipboard by pressing control +
C.  Then you can paste it into an email by pressing control + V and
send the email to support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file
'C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\Tactical Battle 1.13 dev 14\Data for
TB\Map Packs\Tactical Battle 1.13 dev 11\Author.txt'.

File name: 'C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\Tactical Battle 1.13 dev
14\Data for TB\Map Packs\Tactical Battle 1.13 dev 11\Author.txt'

   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess
access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32
bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String
msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode,
FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions
options)

   at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding,
Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize)

   at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding)

   at System.IO.File.ReadAllLines(String path, Encoding encoding)

   at System.IO.File.ReadAllLines(String path)

   at Game.World.LoadTacticalBattleFiles() in
C:\Data\Recent\TacticalRPG\TacticalRPG\World.cs:line 173

   at Game.Downloading.HandleCompletedDownload() in
C:\Data\Recent\TacticalRPG\TacticalRPG\States\Downloading.cs:line 126

   at Game.Downloading.Process(World ent) in
C:\Data\Recent\TacticalRPG\TacticalRPG\States\Downloading.cs:line 60

   at Game.StateMachine`1.Process() in
C:\Data\Recent\TacticalRPG\TacticalRPG\StateMachine.cs:line 37

   at Game.Form1.RunGameLoop(Boolean keyPressed) in
C:\Data\Recent\TacticalRPG\TacticalRPG\Form1.cs:line 180

   at Game.Form1.GameLoopTimer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
C:\Data\Recent\TacticalRPG\TacticalRPG\Form1.cs:line 151

   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)

   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32
msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
OK