[ian-reeds-games] Do units have to be on the map at the beginning for victory conditions involving them to be met?

  • From: Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 13:17:09 +0930

Hi,

I just tested out my first map, which you win by getting fourteen named units
onto the escape terrain, which forms a long strip down the eastern edge of the
map. The thing is, they aren't there at the beginning of the map, as I don't
want the enemies to come at them and kill them right off the bat. The cities
have to summon them. However, this doesn't seem to gel with the engine. I just
got all fourteen units onto the escape terrain, but didn't get a victory
message. Does this mean I have to have the units present on the map at the
beginning for their presence on the escape terrain to register?

I've also realised you can't use a transport if you save and reload the game.
This and the fact that transformed units end up stuck in their transformed
state if you reload the map should be fixed as soon as possible. Saving your
game for later becomes a hindrance with things like this going on.