[ian-reeds-games] Re: Do units have to be on the map at the beginning for victory conditions involving them to be met?

  • From: Monkey <murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 22:51:46 -0600

Hello,
I think that you need the units to be on the map to be registered. I'm
guessing this because I have a similar problem with the death= defeat
condition in one of my maps, where the unit isn't there at the
beginning but he can be summoned.

I didn't know that transports couldn't be used after reloading a game,
though maybe that explains something I noticed quite a while back.

On 5/7/15, Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I just tested out my first map, which you win by getting fourteen named
units onto the escape terrain, which forms a long strip down the eastern
edge of the map. The thing is, they aren't there at the beginning of the
map, as I don't want the enemies to come at them and kill them right off the
bat. The cities have to summon them. However, this doesn't seem to gel with
the engine. I just got all fourteen units onto the escape terrain, but
didn't get a victory message. Does this mean I have to have the units
present on the map at the beginning for their presence on the escape terrain
to register?

I've also realised you can't use a transport if you save and reload the
game. This and the fact that transformed units end up stuck in their
transformed state if you reload the map should be fixed as soon as possible.
Saving your game for later becomes a hindrance with things like this going
on.

--
-Mew