[ian-reeds-games] Both Craig and Ian

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ian-reeds-games@freelist" <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 18:22:11 -0500

I got troubles...
This is going to take me a minute to explain so bear with me.

Craig...Three might be a problem with the revert script. I had created a
cloaked/uncloaked romulan pair of ships.
The cloaked ship was simply a copy with some adjustments. What happened was
that the cloaked was team2 while the uncloaked ship was team1.
On my first attempt , the uncloaked ship cloaked, but the cloaked ship came out
team 2, which immediatly ended the game, lol. Essentially it summoned the unit
exactly the team which it was specified in the file. Can there be an arguement
or something that allows it to change into the new unit with the same team? I
think the other way should be kept cause there may be a use for it later on.

Ok, Ian...
I have the link to the starship battles, the new one, below.
I had made a map, called random duel.  The computer essentially rolled seven
individual d6 rolls, 1d6 per race.
Then, who ever got the high number, the 6, they would be selected thru a skill
and the warp tile would die allowing the duel.

However, I also put into the  warp tile the end turn inflict flags. This was to
 erase the previous numbers rolled in the start of the turn, so that the
randomization would start fairly from zero next round if a ship hadn't been
summoned.

All this worked very well before the multiplayer version of Tb.
Now things are squirrely. I have not changed the warp tile structure which the
computer uses, at all. I have verbose going, and what I am hearing doesn't make
sense.
I put three warp tiles into a test map. The first one is player controlled, and
it seems to work just fine, rolling and then erasing the scores like it is
supposed to.

 The computer warp tiles are on the right edge of the screen. There is two of
them. The top one doesn't have the points removed at the end of the turn, the
second one has the flags in.
Yet both of these have zero points at the end of the computers round, and no
ship is ever selected
Something is very wrong, but I don't know what it is, so if you have time,
please take a look and see what is going on. I am at a loss.

al

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/68028683/starship%20battles.zip