[ian-reeds-games] Re: AI is wasting potential to make things harder

  • From: "Craig Brett" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "craigbrett17@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2015 11:04:53 +0000

Nah, you don't have to, as cool as I think it is, no one should have to learn it. Scripting was really designed for people who already had those skills to give them a tool to help others without them needing to be able to modify the engine, or that's my understanding of it anyway.

What is it you'd want the AI to do? I'm making no promises, but I can see if I can give it a go. I've got the stuff for the next TB release to do and my own scripts first, but after that I can take a look into it. Never done one of these but they sound cool.

On 01/03/2015 00:25, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:
Well, I definitely am not ready for that kind of thing. It's the reason I'm not yet building an adventure game to encompass all the plot details of my story. I have to learn to code. :(

Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 20:58:30 +0000
From: dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ian-reeds-games] Re: AI is wasting potential to make things harder

No, what I mean is, if someone is so inclined, they could write some javascript to give the AI more smarts when summoning things.

I've not got time to do it right now, but making a random summoning script might be a good first step if anyone fancies trying it. So look through all the AI's usable skills and pick one at random. I dunno. But that should help a bit.

On 28/02/2015 19:45, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:

    I think I've tried gaining control of the enemy units before but
    it wouldn't let me. I summon things on my side of the map manually. :)

    I'll try again and see what happens.

    <mailto:dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    <mailto:ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    > Subject: [ian-reeds-games] Re: AI is wasting potential to make
    things harder

    > You can also override the AI if you choose.
    >
    > I've never done it, but if I was going to start anywhere,
    starting on
    > scripting a single 'summon-only' unit would be an easier way to
    start.
    > Er, I think, anyway.
    >
    > On 28/02/2015 06:58, Carlos Macintosh wrote:
    > > it probably actually wouldn't be all that hard to create a
    > > summon_random script flag, the problem is making it harder to
    summon
    > > things that are more power. I'm thinking something like
    > > summon_random

orc_grunt=actions|1&gold|350,orc_archer=actions|2&silver|400,orc_catapult=actions|1&platinum400
    > > problem is parsing all that information ... then getting the
    AI to use

    <mailto:sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]
    Terran