[ian-reeds-games] Re: AI is wasting potential to make things harder

  • From: Monkey <murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 19:42:53 -0700

Hello,

Thing about the Age of Warlords maps, at least from what I've seen, is
that the dragons have their own point for summoning. So theoretically
the AI should summon them if it can't summon whatever comes before
them in the skillset. However, since they both use action points,
that's probably why the AI doesn't summon dragons.

I've seen this with my own map pack too. The AI seems to always pick
the first summoning skill, and it will only use another if it no
longer has points for the first one... For example, my orc commander
summons demons, and the skill takes 5 AP's. It can use the skill twice
and then it has one AP left, so then it will call a minion--another
orc--because that's the summon skill that appears after the demon one.
I've never seen it summon sappers though, which is the skill that
appears below the call minion one.

So I guess even having different points for individual units doesn't
help, and I agree with you, randomizing which summon skill the unit or
structure uses would be nice!

I know that doesn't help; I'm pretty much agreeing with you and just
giving my own example hahaha.

--
-Mew