[ian-reeds-games] Re: A couple of questions

  • From: Monkey <murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 14:39:03 -0600

It is, as far as I know. I meant to link the two, so that when you're
flying or levitating it won't play the sound, but once you're grounded
and moving the sound is played again.
Speaking of sounds, why is it that when you are either victorious or
defeated when playing you can skip the following music by pressing any
key? Half the time when I'm playing I keep going through the motions
to attack and end up missing the music, and only notice I've finished
when I get the "return to main menu" or "return to map selection"
messages. And would it be possible in the future to have victory and
defeat sounds specified to individual maps as well? (I'd really like
to suggest cutscenes but I'm not sure we're at that point yet...)

On 4/19/15, Craig Brett <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How do you mean in regards to the not_effect_flying flag? I thought that
was just for tile effects, rather than for terrain step sounds
themselves. I can make it so that step sounds aren't played for flying
units, which might well make sense.

As for storyline, yeah, could be done. I think.

On 12/04/2015 13:59, Monkey wrote:
Hello,

Has anyone else been thinking about a "storyline" feature? So you
would have to play the maps in a certain order if the storyline flag
is enabled...

And...related to the step_sound= flag. Wouldn't it make sense to make
it compatible with the not_affect_flying flag? So that a flying unit
that is moving over snow, for example, doesn't sound like it is
walking through snow, since technically it's flying, or levitating, or
floating, or what have you.

--
-Mew