Re: [i3] conky output on i3lock

  • From: Michael Stapelberg <michael@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Axel Wagner <mail@xxxxxxxxxxx>, i3-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 18:02:34 +0100

Hi Axel,

Axel Wagner <mail@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

i3lock-window. Without much testing, any commitment to maintain anything
and just as a starting point, I provide [2], which is a working proof of
concept. If someone has interest and the time to further expand upon
this script and make it more stable and widely usable, I would be very
glad and appreciate a notice.

If Michael would be willing to merge something like this, you could
I’m slightly confused. What would I need to merge? Your reference points
to an i3lock-external shell script (which I have attached to this
message, so that it doesn’t get lost when sprunge garbage collects).

--
Best regards,
Michael

/home/mero/src/i3lock/i3lock -n -c 000000 -i /home/mero/bilder/vista.png &
i3lockpid=$!
sleep 0.5

winid=`xwininfo -name "i3lock" | grep "Window id" | grep -oE "0x[0-9a-f]+"`
if [ -z "$winid" ]
then
echo "Could not find i3lock window"
exit 1