Re: [i3] Buggy conditional test?

  • From: Michael Stapelberg <michael@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Alexander Berntsen <alexander@xxxxxxxxxx>, i3-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 16:34:25 +0100

Hi Alexander,

Alexander Berntsen <alexander@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

It's obviously not a bug, but consistency is neat. If I write you a
patch that makes this consistent (I'll look for others as well),
would you apply it? Do you prefer the former or the latter?
Personally, I prefer the latter.
I agree that consistency is a good thing. However, I think humans should
not be bothered to format code. That is so last century :).

A thing that I periodically look into is moving the i3 codebase to
clang-format. Maybe by now it’s actually good enough that we can do it.

(The other code formatting tools all sucked really hard for one reason
or another, but I still have hope for clang-format :)).

--
Best regards,
Michael