[huskerlug] Re: less processor to specific program

  • From: "Cesar Delgado" <cdelgad2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 17:33:20 -0600

Ir if you really want to go crazy and lower the priority of something
then you can make a UserMode Linux filesystem and start it up.  Renice
the UML process to the lowest possible, then start the encoding process
inside the UML system and renice that to the lowest as possible.  Then
it would REALLY run slow.. =)  Just in case you can't sleep....

-Cesar Delgado
Secure Distributed Information @ UNL
http://rcf.unl.edu
cdelgad2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, beettlle@xxxxxxxxxxx