[huskerlug] 802.11 on Campus

  • From: Spencer Janssen <SpencerJanssen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 22:04:16 +0100

I've been lurking on this list for awhile now, and I thought I'd
introduce myself, and ask a quick question.  I'm Spencer Janssen, a
senior at Southeast High School, and I'll be majoring is CS at UNL next
year.

Now for the question: What parts of campus are covered for wireless
ethernet?  I searched on unl.edu, but the only doc I could find on it
was dated 8-2000.  It showed a map with a handful of major buildings
covered, but surely the situation has changed since then.

I'm asking cuz I have a Sharp Zaurus (there is nothing comparable to
carrying Linux in your pocket, believe me), and I'm wondering whether
I'd be able to roam around campus checking email, surfing, or ssh'ing
into my desktop.

Thanks
Spencer Janssen

PS - Where is Fergusson?  I think I might be able to be at the meeting
on Friday.