[huskerlug] Re: Knoppix 4.0.2 --> 5.1.1 ?

  • From: Patrick <pberry26@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 16:12:35 -0800 (PST)

According to the website, PCLOS will be delaying P94.

No word on when it might be ready, website stated
"Ready, when it is ready!

Meanwhile, I ran P93 in the newly released Gateway and
HP laptops at Costco, today, as they were put out with
Vista on them.

Bigtime video troubles!!!

So, tried PCLinuxOS-LiveCD beta, and has the same
problems!!

There was talk of the pressure on OEMs to do some
compliance with their video chips, to meet DRM in the
Vista.

My suspicion is that the Evil Empire would stop at
nothing to block LiveCDroms booting in those new Vista
compliant computers of all the "Trusted Partners".

Yes, Microsoft is truly evil, and is a multiple
convicted pirate felon on several continents!
 Jim Worrest <jworrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>       I see PClinuxOS should have there 2007 version out
> today or tomorrow, so, I
> could give it a shot.
Snipped of at the knees....................

--
P. Berry, USAF (Retired) http://www.af.mil  Linux User #65411
http://lugww.counter.li.org  http://knopper.net/knoppix http://distrowatch.com