[huskerlug] Re: Knoppix 4.0.2 --> 5.1.1 ?

  • From: Jim Worrest <jworrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 04:11:55 -0600

Ah, but you have been removing one version completely and replacing it with the
latest one?  Actually, the accident I mentioned turned out to be like almost
all my others a bad one, but I did find a persistent directory for 5.1.1, Now
that's the bad/good news, unfortunately it has ended up bad news.  5.1.1, won't
load any of the the DVDs! It has some other rough spots as well.  I was rather
looking forward to using Knoppix/Debian on this particular machine since it
only has 256 megs of RAM, and due to the unique nature of RAM used with P4's
I'm not going to shell out for an old Dell Dimension 8100!

But I'll either go back and put on 4.0.2 on this computer --or look at Mepis or
PCLinuxOS and see if they can play with this level of RAM.  Suse doesn't want
to.  ---Jim