[hllug] Re: Good grief

  • From: Lee Parmeter <geek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 10:15:36 -0500

On 10/12/2012 02:31 PM, Don (& Lisa) wrote:
On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 11:57 AM,  <hc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Proofing, lol as you have pointed out my use of English is atrocious so I
don't mind. I was a bit confused tho why you cannot dual boot the box?

  I thought about that Herb but I've never actually set up a dual boot
installation and in the back of my mind was a vague memory of having
read that Vista doesn't "play well" in dual boot installations.  Once
I'm tnrough with it it's going to get shipped to Florida so there'll
be no easy way for me to get to it for servicing.  That being the case
I don't want to experiment with it, I want a stable, reliable install.
The only real problem that I experienced when installing Linux on a Vista/Win7 machine was caused from accidentally moving the start of the Windows partition; you can shrink it, just don't move the start of the partition. I was able to fix Vista so it dual booted, but it was difficult.