[hipl-users] Re: testing handover

  • From: Miika Komu <miika.komu@xxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 19:27:58 +0200

Varjonen Samu wrote:

Hi,

We have one guy who is working on a rewrite of the code on the experiences we have had with the mobility parts of the code. This problem is on the list also :)

the current mobility code has been bug fixed multiple times and now it is time to reorganize the inflated code. Baris is also working on to support fault-tolerance better in the current mobility code. Fault tolerance means that daemon will detect problems in connectivity with ICMPv6 messages to HITs and will try to recover automatically. The daemon will send UPDATE messages through all possible address pairs to find even a single working locator pair. A similar procedure will be applied to base exchange (I1 packets) as well. I would expect incrementally mergeable results throughout this Spring. Stay tuned!