[hipl-users] Problems with nsupdate

  • From: Robert Moskowitz <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 14:39:59 -0400

On oqo2, I uncommented the line in /etc/hip/hipd_config so that nsupdate is on.

I cannot see any evidence that an update was attempted. No SA to any hiit system. All I am seeing when I do a 'service hipd restart' is the RVS registation (via tcpdump).

I did not enable hit-to-ip, as all I wanted was the reverse working???

As I think more on nsupdate, am I suppose to make changes to /etc/hip/nsupdate.conf? I do want to override the fqdn for the PTR, as hostname is oqo2.htt-consult.com, and I want it to be
oqo2.mobile.htt-consult.com for the reverse lookup.

BTW, I will be away friday; only limited connectivity time. Back on Monday for more of this!