[hipl-users] Re: Problems with nsupdate

  • From: Robert Moskowitz <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 08:41:54 -0400

Robert Moskowitz wrote:
Miika Komu wrote:
Oleg Ponomarev wrote:

Hi,

Hi! On Tue, 28 Apr 2009, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

Thanks for the detailed log, I am a bit suspicious about "error(user.c:74@hip_handle_user_msg) The user does not have privilege for this operation. The operation is cancelled" but unfortunately do not have time to investigate at the moment and going to travel in strange places for a week.

Miika, do you possibly have some time to look and try to reproduce?

oqo2 is not currently switched on.

It is now.

I need the logs with "debug all" to see what message is causing the privilege problems.

OK.

I had to disable HIT-to-IP and nsupdate, as I discovered that no network traffic was getting out or into oqo2. Like something was 'hung'.

OK.  I did a bit of testing.

The network access on oqo2 is basically not working with HIT-to-IP and nsupdate on. First I turned off HIT-to-IP and no change, then nsupdate, and I started getting responses back from 'host' and 'ping6 -n'.

But a strange thing with 'host' I am getting a new error. I will put that in a different message.