[hipl-users] Re: Base Exchange Problem

  • From: "antonio quisillo" <antonio.quisillo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 15:29:25 +0100

2008/12/17 Miika Komu <miika.komu@xxxxxxx>

> Dongsu Park wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> please also post your /etc/hip/hosts and

it is the same as the below file because there was no hosts file in
/etc/hip, I created myself.

/etc/hosts contents.

This is my /etc/hosts file:
127.0.0.1 localhost.

192.168.5.4     crash
192.168.5.1     oops

fe80::5054:ff:fe12:3495         crash
fe80::5054:ff:fe12:3451         oops

> And the exact commands that you type on the command line (hipfw -lAd would
> be nice).

1. in /etc/init.d/ I ran "./hipl start" to start the service;
2. in /usr/sbin/ I rn "./hipd -b";
3. I did not run "hipfw", in the latest test, because is optional ( as it is
written in the manual ). In the previous test I ran this command and I got
this messages:

info(firewall.c:1766@main): firewall pid=1071 starting
debug(firewall.c:1769@main): Using ipv4 and ipv6
debug(rule_management.c:1048@read_file): read_file: file
/etc/hip/firewall_conf
debug(rule_management.c:1097@read_file): unable to parse rule:

debug(firewall.c:1772@main): Firewall rule table:
debug(firewall.c:1779@main): starting up with rule_file:
/etc/hip/firewall_conf and connection timeout: 1552
debug(firewall.c:2020@firewall_increase_netlink_buffers): Increasing the
netlink buffers

Is necessary execute  that command?

4. finally, I captured the packages with tcpdump and then I looked them with
wireshark but I did not find HIP package but only ICMP.

> As Dongsu said, it is also usually better to start by testing HITs and then
> test LSI connectivity.

Can I prove directly with IPv4 addresses?

How can I be sure that the daemon hipl works?