[hipl-users] Re: Base Exchange Problem

  • From: jgilllor@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 17:45:03 +0200

That is right. Maybe the dummy interface is inactive and you have to activate it. It happened to me.

ifconfig dummy0 up

Dongsu Park <dpark1978@xxxxxxxxx> ha escrito:

antonio quisillo wrote:
debug(init.c:352@hipd_init): Setting iface dummy0
error(nlink.c:808@do_chflags): SIOCGIFFLAGSNo such device
error(nlink.c:808@do_chflags): SIOCGIFFLAGSNo such device
error(hipd.c:355@hipd_main): hipd_init() failed!

Hi Antonio,

the above message means that you don't have dummy0 interface, certainly
because neither dummy.ko is loaded as kernel module, nor your kernel
image was configured with dummy. Dummy is necessary for running hipl.

Make sure that your kernel configuration file,
target/linux/x86/config-2.6.25, includes a dummy option like below:

CONFIG_DUMMY=y

or

CONFIG_DUMMY=m

y means dummy functionality is included in the kernel image, while m
means it exists as a kernel module. You can set it executing 'make
kernel_menuconfig' in your kamikaze source tree.

After setting it, rebuild OpenWRT and reinstall it. In case that you
build dummy as a module, you could just copy only the kernel module to
the target host and load it by 'insmod dummy.ko'. But I recommend you
to  embed dummy into the kernel image.

Cheers,
Dongsu