[highland-discuss] Re: Temporary Dumpster

  • From: Monica Owens <mr33605@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "highland-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <highland-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 14:44:08 -0400

Agreed. Does the City provide trash pick up, or do we use a private
contractor? I think that Dennis should check into more frequent trash
collection. Overflowing trash attracts rats.

Monica R. Owens
Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 15, 2015, at 8:47 AM, William Hauser <wm.hauser@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The small dumpster outside the gate is now overflowing with trash. Isn't it
common sense that if a smaller dumpster is utilized to temporarily replace a
much larger receptacle 3-4 times its size, that smaller dumpster will need to
be emptied at least 2-3 times as often as the larger one was - at the
minimum? In other words, several times a week.
The natural alternative would be to have at least 2 of the smaller dumpsters
at our disposal until the larger one is back up and running. And still they
would probably need to be emptied a couple times a week.
Meanwhile, we're left with the option of either letting our trash pile up
inside our homes and garages, or add to the pile outside the gate.
Do we need a citation from Code Enforcement before action is taken?
We're beginning to look like Section 8 housing.