[highland-discuss] Temporary Dumpster

  • From: William Hauser <wm.hauser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: highland-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 08:47:49 -0400

The small dumpster outside the gate is now overflowing with trash. Isn't it common sense that if a smaller dumpster is utilized to temporarily replace a much larger receptacle 3-4 times its size, that smaller dumpster will need to be emptied at least 2-3 times as often as the larger one was - at the minimum? In other words, several times a week.
The natural alternative would be to have at least 2 of the smaller dumpsters at our disposal until the larger one is back up and running. And still they would probably need to be emptied a couple times a week.
Meanwhile, we're left with the option of either letting our trash pile up inside our homes and garages, or add to the pile outside the gate.
Do we need a citation from Code Enforcement before action is taken?
We're beginning to look like Section 8 housing.