[highland-discuss] Re: Trash

  • From: "Ken Fernandez (public)" <kenfernandez940@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: highland-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 19:00:23 -0400

This may help people who have old electronics and other item that need to be
recycled.

http://www.keepatlantabeautiful.org/community-recycling-centers/

Just around the corner from us.

OLD FOURTH WARD
2nd Saturday each month
10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Walden School
320 Irwin Street NE*
Atlanta, GA 30312
(Intersection J.W. Dobbs and Hilliard Streets.)

On Aug 6, 2015, at 11:12 AM, William Hauser <wm.hauser@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

And I see a big-screen TV (console type, circa 1990s) has taken up residency
by the recycle bins.

On Aug 1, 2015, at 2:08 PM, Monica Owens wrote:

Does anyone know what stupid jackass put the large brass bedroom furniture
in the dumpster? It has caused the dumpster to become obstructed again, and
the trash is piling up. Perhaps we can check with anyone who is presently in
the process of moving in or out or remodeling to see if the furniture
belongs to him/her, so that (s)he can remove it and discard of it properly.

We have repeatedly informed residents that the dumpster is not to be used to
discard large items like old furniture and boxes. Can the Board put a
large laminated sign on the front of the dumpster to remind residents of the
rules? We don't need to keep spending HOA fees on avoidable dumpster
repairs.

Thank you,

Monica R. Owens
Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 9, 2015, at 1:51 AM, Monica OWENS <mr33605@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:mr33605@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Thanks to the board for following up to fix the dumpster. I really
appreciate your service. Having the trash hauled away from the premises is
also important to eradicate the rodent infestation. Do we know the
schedule or how often the trash is hauled away from the dumpster?

I agree that we should all do our part to throw trash bags inside the
dumpster and push the button to start the compactor when several bags are
beginning to pile up. I don't think that being petite is an excuse for
non-compliance. I am petite and I have an injured wrist, but I still make
it a point to throw my trash bags all the way into the dumpster.
Typically, I don't let my trash pile up to the point that it is too heavy
to toss in, and alternatively, I transfer some of the trash into separate
bags to make them light enough to handle. Quite frankly, I get upset when
I open the dumpster and see a trash bag sitting in the shoot, because that
makes it more difficult for me to throw my bags in. It is convenient to
have the broom handle present. But if it isn't present, residents who
struggle with their bags may want to drive or walk to the dumpster with
their own broom or mop handle to move their bags in, since I think that the
HOA can impose fines for such violations.

As for the rodent issue, I am still hearing rodents running in the walls. I
can't sleep when I hear them bumping in the walls and vents...and thus, I'm
awake sending this email. I will reach out to the exterminator again.

~ Monica

From: Susan Stern <susan.k.stern@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:susan.k.stern@xxxxxxxxx>>
From: highland-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx