New member section page: Predicting Wave around the Hill

  • From: Thomas Berry <tberry0916@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Harris Hill <hhsc1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 16:23:48 -0400

We get wave from time to time around the Hill and Andy Brayer has been studying
how to predict it, particularly as it often appears in the Fall. He sent me
some information on how to use skew-t to predict wave at the Hill and I
included it in a special wave page in our member’s section so we’d have a
reference for it. It is located here:
http://www.harrishillsoaring.org/private/HHSC_Members/Wave.html
<http://www.harrishillsoaring.org/private/HHSC_Members/Wave.html>

If you have additional advice or pointers for finding/locating/flying wave
around the Hill, I’m all ears and would be happy to add it to this page.

If you’d like to opine about other weather conditions or thermal/ridge advice,
I’d also love to collect that for future reference by student and fellow
pilots. I’d really like to be able to provide them with a “what weather
conditions make for great soaring” at the Hill page if possible. Send that
advice along to me if you want, but don’t hit “reply all” unless you really
intend to share it with everyone on the list.

-Tom