[HFbeacons] Re: Realistic HTX-100 Repair

  • From: "billriches" <bill.riches@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hfbeacons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 16:44:03 -0500

Hi Les,

I bought mine from E-Bay a year or so ago and it has been chugging along at
5 watts for my beacon with no problems.  Lowered power to 5 watts and put a
small fan on the heat sink just for grins and giggles.  No heat problems.  I
notice they are still on ebay from 50 to 150 bucks - may be easier to pick
up another one as there are a bunch of non-obtainium stuff in there.  Don't
know if a manual is available.  Looks like a project for you if you can
still see the parts!!  That is why I like working on boat anchors - at least
we can still see the innards.

73,

Bill, WA2DVU
Cape May