[HFbeacons] Realistic HTX-100 Repair

  • From: Les Rayburn <les@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hfbeacons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 14:43:40 -0600

My HTX-100 seems to have given up the ghost during the testing phase of my new beacon. I had been running the transmitter and beacon keyer into a dummy load to test thermal drift, etc. Everything was fine for three days, then I came into the shack to find the unit powered off.

It powered up normally, but it had lost the stored memory of my transmit frequency. I re-tuned the VFO in SSB mode, then switched to CW. The unit display started flashing, and the TX indicators came on...even though the key was not connected. None of the switches seemed to affect things...and when I powered the unit off and back on, the condition persisted.

I removed the control knob to do a "hard reset"...but the condition repeats itself each time I switch into CW mode.

Is anyone aware of a technician who handles repairs on these old HTX-100's?

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114
EM63nf

6M VUCC #1712
AMSAT #38965
Grid Bandits #222
Southeastern VHF Society
Central States VHF Society Life Member
Six Club #2484

Active on 6 Meters thru 1296, 10GHz & Light