[HFbeacons] Re: Finally got my ticket

  • From: <kd8rkj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hfbeacons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 23:37:10 +0000

Allow me to add my congratulations on getting your ticket.

I'd also encourage you to consider using a converted CB to build your beacon
transmitter. I'm using two of them for my beacons, and they've been running
around the clock for a long time with no problems.

Shawn

KD8RKJ

Sent by Outlook for Android.

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 7:05 PM -0800, "Brandon Jordan" <swl.tn.usa@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi folks. I finally got my Tech ticket, going back for General on Dec 19.

I would really like to put a low power 10m beacon on the air, 1 watt or
less. Any advice on a cheap system?

--
73,
Brandon Jordan, KM4PBQ

WinRadio G33DDC G313-e | RFSpace SDR-IQ NetSDR | Elad FDM-S2 | Icom IC-7200
Array Solutions SAL-30 Shared Apex Loop
Clifton Labs Z1501F Active Whip
DX Engineering NCC-1 Phased ARAV3 Active Whips
Wellbrook ALA100HG Loop