[HFbeacons] Beacons From the Mobile: Early 22 June Zulu

  • From: "W. Keith Hibbert" <wkhibbert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hfbeacons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, 10mprop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 22:21:18 -0400

Hi, Keith here in Amherst, NY

The YF & I took a ride up to the hills south of Buffalo (not far from W2DLL's site)

I am typing this from memory, let's see how it goes...

Heard between 0000Z and 0100Z, 22 June (from 1700'ASL)

28.1830  XE1RCS
28.2155  KC5CKP
28.2255  W2DLL
28.2318  N1FSX
28.2330  N2UHC

28.2432  W5BUB
28.2463  KI4LEV
28.2250  KB4UPI
28.2600  AD5KO
28.2615  N4VBV

28.2630  N5YEY
28.2691  W3HH
28.2754  KG4GVV
28.2827  W0ERE

The noise floor up there was S-0, WITH the preamp in line. I am surprised that I did not hear any of the VE3's over the lake, I had the height and a clear horizon up that way, but nothing.

A big surprise, Anne, WB1GVL, has not used CW in year, decades actually. She was able to copy some of the calls by the end of the hour. I'll get her on the air yet!

73, Keith, WB2VUO
Amherst, NY: Grid FN02ox