[HFbeacons] Re: [10Mprop] Beacons From the Mobile: Early 22 June Zulu

  • From: "W. Keith Hibbert" <wkhibbert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 10mprop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, hfbeacons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 13:38:08 -0400

Typos, got a couple of them here

28.2155  KD5CKP - not KC5CKP
28.2550  KB4UPI - Wrong frequency, it was posted as 28.225

So far today I am not hearing W2DLL. There was a severe thunderstorm warning down at that end of the county, we had beaucoup lightning and rain here, I am hoping that Dana did not have a lightning strike on the hill.

73, Keith, WB2VUO
Amherst, NY: Grid FN02ox

On 06/21/2011 22:21, W. Keith Hibbert wrote:
Hi, Keith here in Amherst, NY

The YF & I took a ride up to the hills south of Buffalo (not far from
W2DLL's site)

I am typing this from memory, let's see how it goes...

Heard between 0000Z and 0100Z, 22 June (from 1700'ASL)

28.1830 XE1RCS
28.2155 KC5CKP
28.2255 W2DLL
28.2318 N1FSX
28.2330 N2UHC

28.2432 W5BUB
28.2463 KI4LEV
28.2250 KB4UPI
28.2600 AD5KO
28.2615 N4VBV

28.2630 N5YEY
28.2691 W3HH
28.2754 KG4GVV
28.2827 W0ERE

The noise floor up there was S-0, WITH the preamp in line. I am
surprised that I did not hear any of the VE3's over the lake, I had the
height and a clear horizon up that way, but nothing.

A big surprise, Anne, WB1GVL, has not used CW in year, decades actually.
She was able to copy some of the calls by the end of the hour. I'll get
her on the air yet!

73, Keith, WB2VUO
Amherst, NY: Grid FN02ox