[Haywire Robotics] Robotics

  • From: Sue Stahlecker <suestahl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haywire-robotics@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 19:24:32 -0700

There are many important bits of information in the email this week – I just
want you to be well informed.  Please be sure to contact me or one of the
coaches if you have any concerns or questions.

 1.    The new game “LOGOMOTION” was announced at the Kick-Off on Saturday.
Parents, you may want to check out this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxujTCgQPgg that shows the animation of the
game.  It looks very exciting this year, especially with the addition of the
“mini-bot”!

 2.    The intense 6 week build session has begun.  I am attaching a
schedule that shows when each group will be meeting.  Because of the size of
the shop area and the number of people we have on the team, the coaches are
requesting that the team members ONLY come to the shop when their particular
group is working (unless specifically asked otherwise).  Remember – this
schedule is subject to change.

 3.    We will be meeting from 6:00 until about 9:00 (earlier if their job
is through for the night).  If your student does not have his/her own
transportation, please be there before 9:00.  The coaches need to get home
to prepare for school the next day.

 4.    We were featured in a nice article by the Idaho State Journal on
Sunday, complete with a colored picture. If you go to this link,
http://www.journalnet.com/news/local/article_fd77c760-1bce-11e0-ac02-001cc4c03286.html
 the article is online along with a short video.

 5.     Please remember that every student is required to pay $200 (whether
or not they choose to go to the regional competition in Sacramento).

         *It will need to be turned into Mrs. Ellis by February 1.*

 6.     Thank you again to those of you who donated muffins, cookies, and
drinks on Saturday!

Mrs. S