[Haywire Robotics] Re: Robotics

  • From: Stampinseawitch@xxxxxxx
  • To: haywire-robotics@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 21:38:37 -0500 (EST)

I do have a concern about the money that is due.  I have been trying  to
come up with how to pay for it in 3 weeks notice.  My family has had
unexpected medical bills come up last month and this month, and it is also
right
after Christmas.  I don't know if I am the only one with the concern of the
short notice.  I don't remember hearing that information at the parent
meeting.  I could have it paid for by the first part of March but I have to
divide it up with my pay days.

I do have other concerns too.  What has happened to the fund raisers  to
help the kids possibly pay for the fee or at least part of it?  There  have
been no mention of fund raisers at all.  I thought the potato bar was  a great
one but nothing said or done about it.  That is a lot of money to  have
parents and kids come up with on such short notice.

I know the entry fees were covered by grants but that doesn't mean there
shouldn't be fund raisers to help out in other areas besides kids.  These
could help out with parts, last minute things that come up, etc.

I wanted to let you know my concerns and I hope the payment issue is ok to
pay it like that.  It's the only way I can do it.

Ursula Hansen,  Tyler Ames's mom

In a message dated 1/10/2011 7:24:43 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
suestahl@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

There are many important bits of information in the email  this week – I
just want you to be well informed.  Please be  sure to contact me or one of
the coaches if you have any concerns or  questions.

1.    The new game “LOGOMOTION” was announced  at the Kick-Off on
Saturday.  Parents, you may want to check  out this video
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxujTCgQPgg_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxujTCgQPgg)  that  shows
the animation of the game.  It looks very exciting  this year, especially
with the addition of the “mini-bot”!
2.     The intense 6 week build session has begun.  I am attaching  a
schedule that shows when each group will be meeting.   Because of the size of
the
shop area and the number of people we have  on the team, the coaches are
requesting that the team members ONLY come to the  shop when their particular
group is working (unless specifically asked  otherwise).  Remember – this
schedule is subject to  change.
3.     We will be meeting from 6:00 until about 9:00 (earlier if their job
is through  for the night).  If your student does not have his/her own
transportation, please be there before 9:00.  The coaches  need to get home to
prepare for school the next day.
4.     We were featured in a nice article by the Idaho State Journal on
Sunday,  complete with a colored picture. If you go to this link,
_http://www.journalnet.com/news/local/article_fd77c760-1bce-11e0-ac02-001cc4c03286.html_

(http://www.journalnet.com/news/local/article_fd77c760-1bce-11e0-ac02-001cc4c
03286.html)   the article is online along with a short video.
5.      Please remember that every student is required to pay $200 (whether
or not  they choose to go to the regional competition in Sacramento).
It will  need to be turned into Mrs. Ellis by February 1.
6.      Thank you again to those of you who donated muffins, cookies, and
drinks on  Saturday!
Mrs. S