[HUG ] Re: SV: Re: SV: Re: SWC: I think I understand now...

  • From: Richard Man <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hasselblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 02:30:55 -0700

The closest "magic" to a SWC Biogon is probably the Super Angulon, but it
vignettes like mad on the M9. The ZM 21 Biogon is pretty good in that
regard, matching to its name sake fairly well with similar angle of view,
but of course shorter.

I think the wonder of the SWC is also the medium format film. I did 4 test
rolls so far and when the images are good, they sparkle. The clarity is
just out of this world.  May be it's because I am using the 2-bath Pyrocat
now, but I did not see that type of image clarity even on the Mamiya 7II
negs. The Leica M9 can be very very good, but size does matter...